Well, my inability to say no and my eagerness may have gotten me into a bit of a predicament. I have very many block of the month programs that I want to follow. I have the best of intentions, I really do. But I know with minimal accountability when other things come up, some of these will fall to the side. Hopefully not, but we will see.
1. I have signed up for a monthly modern BOM class at my local quilt shop. Two blocks a month. This has the highest level of accountability since I will be there in person. And it cost me a freaking fortune. So I will be doing this one. However, I am already missing the first class since I am out of town. *sigh*
2. I will continue to participate in the 3×6 bee which results in 6-7 blocks every 3 months. I make the same block for 6 different people in their colors, but my fabrics. I like that aspect of this bee as opposed to traditional bees where you send your fabric. I still have some issues with the concept and ownership of a bee, which I am sure will be a blog post at some point, but for now I will just say that I do enjoy the surprise and randomness factor. And I am not someone who likes surprises. It is fun to give up a little control and see the result. As this one requires me to be responsible to other people, I will keep up with this as well.
3. I signed up for the Quilts from my Crayon Box mini mystery quilt. I plan to use this in conjunction with my 3×6 blocks. Again, as this requires me to do for others, I will keep up with this. It is a half year commitment.
4. I paid to join Don’t Call me Betsy’s Lucky Stars BOM. I am a little nervous about this since it is paper pieced. But hopefully I will give it a shot and it won’t be too bad.
6. I am considering doing the Sister’s Ten BOM.
7. I am also considering signing up for Stitchery Dickory Dock’s Sugar Block club. That costs a little bit too. And I am not sure what the piecing is like.
8. I would also love to pick up the Grandmother’s Choice block of the week, but I have already missed several weeks of that… I just hope she makes it into a book as well. I love all the historical information.
I think that is all. LOL. I am going to have a million sampler blocks floating around. I intend to do all of these from my stash/scrappy.